Find Your Finger Size
Request A Free Ring Sizer
Find your finger size by requesting a free ring sizer. To order, select your preferred delivery method.
Get it for FREE with the Standard 7-10 Day Delivery (8-15 Days in Canada) Need it fast? FedEx Priority Overnight® or FedEx 2Day® starting at $15.
How Do I Figure Out the Ring Size?
J&M Jewelry realizes that you may not know the ring size for a given finger, and we want to help. We provide a printable ring sizer that can help you determine your ring size. Prior to printing, ensure that page scaling is set to "none" on your print dialog box.
The general rule when it comes to sizing the ring finger is not attempting to guess the ring size. We know that the surprise factor is important when it comes to the proposal, but we strongly recommended that you have an experienced associate size the ring finger.
Helpful Tips for the Most Accurate Sizing:
- Weather affects finger sizes. When it’s hot, fingers are generally more swollen. When it’s cold, or in an air conditioned environment, fingers are thinner.
- Right and left hands can vary in size, so size the exact finger the ring will be worn on.
- If in doubt about the true ring size, visit a local jeweler and have them measure your finger with a finger-sizing ring. If the ring will be a surprise, order a ring that is as close as possible to the actual ring size and then have sized to fit the wearer’s finger after the proposal.
- Note that eternity rings (diamonds in a complete circle) cannot be sized after-the-fact and have to be ordered in the exact size to fit the finger.
Measuring Your Finger
Your ring should fit your finger comfortably; snug enough so that it will not fall off, but loose enough to slide over your knuckle.
Finger size changes depending on the time of day and the weather. For best results measure your finger size:
- At the end of the day and when your fingers are warm (Fingers are smaller in the early morning and when cold.)
- Measure finger size 3 to 4 times to eliminate an erroneous reading.
Avoid using string or paper to measure ring size as these materials can stretch or twist, yielding an inaccurate measurement.
Ring Sizes in the US
Women’s rings typically range from size 3 to 9. The most commonly purchased women’s ring sizes at Blue Nile range from size 5 to 7. Size 6 is the most popular ring size.
Men’s rings typically range from size 8 to 14. The most commonly purchased men’s ring sizes at Blue Nile range from size 8 to 10-½. Size 9 is the most popular ring size.
Tips for Buying the Ring as a Surprise
Ask your significant others friends or mother if they know her finger size.
Borrow his/her ring (from the correct finger) and use the ring measurements above to determine its size.
International Size Conversion
If ordering from outside of the US or Canada, determine your ring size according to your country’s standard. Then use the International Ring Size Chart to convert to the corresponding US ring size to place your order.